Consciousness, New Thinking About

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 17 20:00:06 EST 2002

gee, i was hoping to get a response from folks who hold that the 'engine' of
evolution is 'randomness'.

it's not.

the engine of evolution is the one-way flow of energy from order to disorder
that is what's described by 2nd Thermo [WDB2T].

and, as soon as the ability to 'learn' gets engineered in-there,
experiential dynamics, which are also rigorously-governed by WDB2T, become
an integral 'part' of evolutionary dynamics.

it's why the quality of Educational stuff Matters. better education ~~>
better survival propensity.

it's also why Childhood environment Matters, 'cause that's where Children
'learn' their foundation-stuff.

it's why it's not-True that the "fittest"-biology survives best.

could be that the "fittest"-biology is 'just' born into a
'dung-heap'-environment.

it's why discussions, such as the one you folks're having actually matter -
because evolution advances, right-there, in your 'hands', to the degree that
you folks actually advance the body of Knowledge.

in any discussion, what's actually happening is that folks're doing Work to
'climb' the energy-flow gradient that is WDB2T. the further this gradient is
'climbed', the more evolutionary dynamics become perfected, be-cause the
stuff of your discussion transfers to the body of Knowledge from which folks
can 'learn'.

the 'desire' to 'climb' the WDB2T energy-flow gradient is built-right-into
all nervous systems, BTW.

but, you folks who're discussing 'Consciousness' have to take a few steps
back, and resolve the False-Finitizations [AoK, Ap4] inherent in the
prevailing view of evolutionary dynamics before you can, then, actually
discuss 'Consciousness'.

Sorry.

~~"Don't be disappointed because you've built castles in the air. Build
foundations under them." [i'm not sure who said it, but attribute it to
Lincoln.]

k. p. collins