Experience Alters Perception

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 19 23:52:26 EST 2002

this's an excellent piece of Work that's important because virtually all
folks who are incarcerated, in one way or another, exhibit analogous
experientially-acquired heightened 'sensitivity'.

anything that successfully addresses all this stuff serves Society well.

the dynamics are much-larger than the limits of this experimental design,
extending all the way into the Chemistry of the prenatal environment, in
which the fetus shares the 'stress-level' of its Mother.

and at 'levels' typically considered to be 'higher' than affect, there're
correlates that constitute exactly-analogous stuff. [for those who have it,
see the discussions of "inductive learning", "sensory and motor templates"
and supersystem configuration.

experientially-acquired 'differences' with respect to that which folks
in-general are familiar tend to result in analogous, but, typically,
more-subtle interactive 'discord'.

AoK treats all of this stuff, simultaneously showing how all of it can be
addressed and ameliorated.

k. p. collins