NEURON vs GENESIS - Opinions, please?

mat mats_trash at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 05:06:29 EST 2002

> Not that anyone cares, but I've decided on GENESIS.

I was also wondering whether to opt for genesis or neuron.  Certainly
Neuron seems to have been used in more publications, but almost all
seem to be studies of single neurones rather than networks which I
would be more interested in.  As a side-project I'm currently learning
Fortran and (attempting) to program my own simulator, which hopefully
should give me much greater control and also slim down the software so
that it runs faster.

Why did you decide on Genesis?

How have your initial 'experiments' gone?

Cheers