CR vs Brain Cancer

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 28 14:39:26 EST 2002

there are a lot of 'loose-ends' in what, i agree, is a general approach that
needs to be explored.

the first thing that needs to be kept in mind is that simple
calorie-restriction doesn't prolong Life [Africa, North Korea], so, perhaps
what's happening is that calorie-reduction induces an organism to
range-more-widely with respect to what it will accept as 'food', and that
it's such wide-ranging-ness that results in bringing micronutrients into a
system that would've, otherwise, taken-the-easy-route with respect to
'food'... just eat what's there-in-abundance, missing the micronutrients
that're not-there, within the abundance.

lab subjects, for instance, might ingest wood-shavings stuff, for instance,
and there might be something in-there that is what makes the difference.

i'm not saying that the ingestion of wood-shafvings stuff =is= what's
happening.

i just wanted to point out all the loose-ends stuff that needs to be
controlled.

for instance, it's a virtual certainty that humans who choose to 'restrict'
calorie intake do not just restrict calorie intake. they simultaneously
choose better foods, containing a wider range of nutrients.

anyway, Cheers, Ian, ken [k. p. collins]