Beware, following is not an open scientific meeting (Re: Measuring Behavior 2002)

Ted Szostak Ted at TRCtech.com
Fri Jun 28 16:20:06 EST 2002

Professionals & Scientists,

I am writing to notify the community that the meeting announced below
is not an open meeting.

I apologize for airing this dispute on a public newsgroup, but I have
remained largely silent regarding this issue over the last few years.
I have attempted to register as an exhibitor at this scientific
meeting on numerous occasions, but have been denied an opportunity to
demonstrate my company's products because this meeting is actually a
showcase for the products of Noldus, and not an open meeting.

It does not claim to be a closed meeting, though I think it is
important for the professionals and scientists in the community to
know that only vendors which are not competitive to the original
sender are allowed to exhibit at this meeting.

Therefore, the meeting which represents itself as an
 "International Conference on Methods and Techniques in Behavioral
Research" presents a skewed view of solutions which are possible to
researchers interested in "Measuring Behavior".

Is this a scientific conference if it excludes the viewpoints of other
exhibitors?

TRC, and many other company's barred from this meeting, offer
time-study technology used to Measure Behavior.

Lucas Noldus has stated to me that this meeting is only a "user-group
meeting".

I feel the name is extremely misleading to all in the community, and
allows his company to "unfairly" bias the market, while damaging his
competitors severely.

I hope you will be supportive, and ask you to Please write to
lu.do at hetnet.nl (Lucas Noldus) to complain for attempting to mislead
the community, and to request that this meeting be opened to
competitive companies as a sign of compliance and fairness with the
meeting's stated goal.

I believe this unfairness has taken advantage of this community for
long enough.

Thank You for your time.

Ted Szostak

Triangle Research Collaborative, Inc. (TRC)
P.O. Box 12167, 100 Park Offices, Suite 115
Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC  27709-2167
work:  (919) 549-9093
fax:   (919) 549-0493
web:   www.TRCtech.com