synesthesia

Joseph Martin III joseph.martin54 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 29 20:57:06 EST 2002

"GOGAR" <angenent at kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
news:afhnmp$1j9j$1 at news.kabelfoon.nl...
> I think i just discovered that i have synesthesia, and i'm quite shocked
> that nobody else feels the way i do about letters and words..  but the
more
> people i talk to about this, the more it becomes clear that i have a
unique
> condition..
> But anyways.. i'm not really concerned with it because i've always been
> fine..
>
> Although i do recall some strange things from my childhood that i haven't
> seen documented anywhere..   so i'm wondering if there are any other
people
> with the same experience.. or if it could be explained.
>
> When i used to lie in bed ready to go to sleep, just waiting for me to
fall
> asleep..  occasionally i would get "Zapped"    as if i received a single
> electric shock..  i would see a flash of colored patterns  and hear a
> sound..   and i would be more awake again..  very irritating actually..
>
> I remember 1 person in high school saying he had the same..  but i have no
> contact with him anymore
>
> Maybe some of you know what this could be.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

There is a recent book of the topic of synesthesia.  I cannot think of the
title of it at the moment.  I remember seeing it in one of the book catelogs
that we get at work...it may be called something like The Man Who Tasted
Shapes......I'll look on Monday when I am back at the office and give you
the publishing info.  It is a rare phenomnon, but you are not the only one.

-Joseph III