Modelling the human brain by modelling its evolutionary emergence

Frans van der Walle fw.novoware at
Fri Mar 1 02:31:31 EST 2002

Glen M. Sizemore <gmsizemore2 at> schreef in berichtnieuws
3c7e94c5$1_8 at
> 1 What is your definition of the notions 'mind' and 'scientific'?
> GS: The term "scientific" was never at issue. That you ask "What is your
> definition of..." shows a very, very typical misunderstanding. The
> of "mind" is no less than all of the ways it is used. So "my" definition
> does not really matter. My position is that the "mind" is as worthless as
> "ether" or "phlogiston."
How do you identify the functional properties of the phenomenon 'Man'?
Frans van der Walle
> 2 Do I understand correctly that you see mind and brain as two completely
> separate entities? Or is your opinion the other way around; what is then
> relationship between mind and brain?
> GS: Basically, I am saying that there is no such thing as the mind.
> 3 You state that nothing is stored in the brain. What is your explanation
> for remembering now what you did yesterday?
> GS: The brain is changed by exposure to the environment. It does not
> that anything has been stored.
'To change' is a synonym of 'to store'!
Frans van der Walle