Re. brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Jd JDay123 at BellSouth.net
Sat Nov 2 18:23:06 EST 2002

Bob LeChevalier wrote:

>>JDay123 at BellSouth.net (Jd) wrote:
>>Your view that the Talmud is a type of codification of the oral
>>Torah is off  by one order of magnitude in that the earliest
>>document of rabbinic literature is the "Mishnah" not the Talmud.
>
>The Mishnah is part of the Talmud.

And your point?

>>>I don't think any OT characters are considered "saints".  They are
>>>considered "patriarchs" or "prophets".
>>
>>Spoken as a true victim of Popery.  I've heard that some saints get
>>voted into sainthood by the "council of divines" 500 years or so
>>after they've died.
>
>So now I am a Catholic?  Sorry, but no.  My father's family is
>Catholic and he studied in seminary but turned away from the church.
>I knew nothing of Catholicism until I was an adult.  My most recent
>baptism was Southern Baptist (which doesn't accept anyone else's
>baptism as valid).
>
>lojbab

Then why don't you know about OT saints?

Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their
beds.  Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a
two-edged sword in their hand;  To execute vengeance upon the
heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with
chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them
the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the
Lord. (Psalms 149:5-9)

Jd