Backward propagation

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 3 01:56:12 EST 2002

Since I was on PubMed:

A novel FERM domain including guanine nucleotide exchange factor is
involved in Rac signaling and regulates neurite remodeling.

Kubo T, Yamashita T, Yamaguchi A, Sumimoto H, Hosokawa K, Tohyama M.

Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Osaka University Graduate
School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan.

The Rho family of small GTPases, key regulators of the actin
cytoskeleton in eukaryotic cells from yeast to human, is implicated
in the control of neuronal morphology. Guanine nucleotide exchange
factors (GEFs) are upstream positive regulators of Rho GTPases and
integrate extracellular signaling for appropriate activation of Rho
GTPases at specific subcellular regions. Here we describe the
identification of a novel Dbl family GEF for Rho GTPases in Homo
sapiens and Mus musculus. It contains a tandem Dbl
homology-pleckstrin homology domain and FERM domain, characteristic
of the plasma membrane proteins linker. This gene, termed FERM domain
including RhoGEF (FIR), was abundantly expressed in brain, lung, and
testis, as well as embryonic hippocampal and cortical neurons. FIR
was found to activate the biochemical pathway specific for Rac1 but
not for RhoA or Cdc42. Ectopic expression of FIR in the cortical
neurons resulted in significantly shortened neurites and excessive
growth cones, presumably mediated by Rac1. These results suggest that
FIR may regulate neurite remodeling by mediating the signaling
pathways from membrane proteins to Rac.

PMID: 12351724 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

© by someone other than me.

This's all 'just' TD E/I-minimization-controled functional
multiplexing.

How can I [We] be certain?

These [=ALL=] neurochemical interactions are rigorously-embedded
within the rigorously-structured neural topology that also
rigorously-orders TD E/I-minimization.

That's TD
E/I-minimization-governed-activation-dependent-neurochemistry, good
buddies.

Are we having fun yet?

There's more than one form of backward propagation.

K. P. Collins