John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Wed Nov 6 13:19:04 EST 2002

"Gray Shockley" <gray at compcomm.com> wrote in message
news:4e.dnVcU0sS99VWgXTWQlg at News.GigaNews.Com...
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:28:10 -0600, John "Bozo" Knight wrote
> (in message <eZUx9.14$Va.5128 at news2.west.cox.net>):
>
> > Do you believe that blasphemy should be restored as a crime, as it was
in
> > Christian nations for most of the last 2,000 years, and as it was in
THIS
> > Christian nation for most of it's life?

> If you want to institute/re-institute blasphemy as a "crime", then,
according
> to the poll cited at:
> <http://christianparty.net/gallupchurchmembers.htm>
> the Roman Catholics are the largest denomination in the United States.
>
> I'm sure you'll agree that the Roman Catholic denomination should set the
> standards for what is blasphemy.
>

> Gray Shockley

No, the Roman Catholic denomination sets no standard which conflicts with
the Holy Bible, for any Christian, including Catholics themselves.

If a Roman Catholic denomination were to attempt to "set the standard"
regarding abortion, as they have in the US, and if this "standard" conflicts
with the opinion of two thirds of Americans (which it does), and if 2
billion Christians around the world disagree with it (which they do), and if
the Pope himself  disagrees with that "standard" (which he does), then this
"denomination" would set no "standard" whatsoever.  All it would accomplish
is to make this "denomination" look like FOOLS, which it has.

The exact same case would apply to blasphemy, IF a "denomination" of the
Roman Catholic Church were ever to attempt to "legalize" blasphemy.

It is BLASPHEMY of the worst case to even attempt to charge Our Lord Jesus
Christ of being a "jew"!

John Knight