John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Wed Nov 6 14:53:32 EST 2002

"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
news:5n3hsu8b8uce9s8m08i2ftu9dgt2a9acjv at 4ax.com...
> "John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:

> >For you to accuse Jesus Christ the ISRAELITE who was crucified because
the
> >NON-ISRAELITE JEWS demanded it, of being a "jew" Himself, is about the
> >biggest insult you could possibly hurl at Him
>
> Nope.  The biggest insult I could make towards Jesus Christ would be
> to suggest that your beliefs represent his teachings.
>
> lojbab

Well said, Colonel,

We of course disagree about the difference between "geographic jews",
"religious jews", and racial jews", but the rest of your points are so well
made that your post deserves to be forwarded to other forums.

Sincerely,

John Knight

ps--it's difficult to resist the urge, though, to make a correction
regarding Paul.  He claimed:  "I became as a jew", which in your view means
that he moved to Judaea and thus "became" a "jew" [read: Judaean], but in a
contrary view means that he converted his religious belief to the Talmudism
[or "traditions of the elders" at his time] which he was taught by the
Pharisee Gamaliel.

Primarly, though, jews are a mongrel race who practice the Talmud today, a
few percentage of whom may be descendants of the "jews" Christ accused of
ignoring God's Law in favor of their own precursor to the Talmud, the
"traditions of the elders".