Gray Shockley gray at compcomm.com
Wed Nov 6 16:47:36 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:00:55 -0600, John Knight wrote
(in message <rNcy9.5529$Ku.467665 at news2.west.cox.net>):

> "Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
> news:5n3hsu8b8uce9s8m08i2ftu9dgt2a9acjv at 4ax.com...

>>> This is BLASPHEMY of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
>> Your mere existence is blasphemy, because serve the Prince of Lies,
>> the serpent of Eden.
>>
>>> Do you believe that blasphemy should be restored as a crime,
>>
>> No.
>>
>>> as it was in Christian nations for most of the last 2,000 years,
>>
>> No
>>
>>> and as it was in THIS Christian nation for most of it's life?
>>
>> We are not in a Christian nation.  Technically, blasphemy is still a
>> crime in Massachusetts from before incorporation of the 1st amendment
>> to the states, but the law would be thrown out if they ever tried to
>> enforce it.
>>
>>> For you to accuse Jesus Christ the ISRAELITE who was crucified because
> the
>>> NON-ISRAELITE JEWS demanded it, of being a "jew" Himself, is about the
>>> biggest insult you could possibly hurl at Him
>>
>> Nope.  The biggest insult I could make towards Jesus Christ would be
>> to suggest that your beliefs represent his teachings.
>>
>> lojbab
>

> "Technically", blasphemy is still a crime in the entire US, and your
> accusation that Jesus Christ was a "jew" is the most blasphemous act
> imaginable.

Romans (written by the Roman citizen Saul of Tarsus, later called Paul)

2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and
honour and immortality, eternal life:

2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey
unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the
Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew
first, and also to the Gentile:

2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

> You WILL pay for this crime of blasphemy, one way or another.

Hm,m,m - the worst punishment of which I can think would be to have to share
my non-dinner mealtime with John "jailbird" Knight as my non-dinner
companion.

Yuch! Disgusting!!

> John Knight
>

> ps--Willie Martin wrote:
> One of the strangest and most inexplicable movements in two thousand years
> of Christian history has been developing rapidly and almost imperceptibly in
> our midst at this time. Scan the Judeo-Christian notes and news items of
> lectures in any large daily newspaper for abundant evidence of the reality
> and growth of an amazing confederacy of Jews and Christians. Jewish rabbis
> are frequent speakers in Judeo-Christian pulpits. The National Conference of
> Christians and Jews has become a going concern which influences the policy
> for the major portion of American Protestantism.

He probably meant The National Conference for Community and Justice.

> Unthinking

Definition of "unthinking": believes differently than I.

> Judeo-Christian laymen accept this situation without even feeling
> the need of a shock absorber. To them it seems a friendly gesture based upon
> brotherly love and mutual goodwill. Yet the scriptures tell us:

23:18 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread;
neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.

23:19 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the
house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to
bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not
pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

23:22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then
I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine
adversaries.

23:23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the
Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the
Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after
their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down
their images.

23:25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and
thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

23:26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the
number of thy days I will fulfil.

23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to
whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto
thee.

23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite,
the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

23:29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land
become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

23:30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou
be increased, and inherit the land.

23:31 And I will set thy bounds from the Red sea even unto the sea of the
Philistines, and from the desert unto the river: for I will deliver the
inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before
thee.

23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

23:33 They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me:
for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.

> "THOU SHALT MAKE NO COVENANT WITH THEM, nor with their gods. THEY SHALL NOT
> DWELL IN THY LAND, LEST THEY MAKE THEE SIN AGAINST ME: for if thou serve
> their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee." (Exodus 23:32-33)
>
> Judeo-Christian ministers and laymen sit at the feet of rabbis today
> rejoicing that they are not as the narrow-minded publicans and sinners.

The Gospel according to Matthew, disciple of Jesus

5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for
a tooth:

5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite
thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him
have thy cloak also.

5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee
turn not thou away.

5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and
hate thine enemy.

5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and
persecute you;

5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he
maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the
just and on the unjust.

5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the
publicans the same?

5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not
even the publicans so?

5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is
perfect.

> They
> feel virtuous and proud because of what they term their liberality and
> tolerance. If an earnest Christian, who cares more for discovering Divine
> truth than for the tradition of men, ventures to point out the incongruities
> of such fellowship he is pounced upon with charges of religious bigotry and
> racial prejudice.

5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the
publicans the same?

5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not
even the publicans so?

> It is not necessary to beat a retreat in the face of such charges if one can
> be sure that his position is supported by the teachings of the Scriptures.
> Truth may be "crushed to earth" for a time, but it is sure to "rise again"
> as inevitably as the handwriting on the wall by the finger of Yahweh. In any
> discussion of this subject there is only one important thing to consider and
> that is the message of the Bible. What does the Christ of Christianity have
> to say about his problem?

22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself.

22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

> What counsel regarding this matter did Yahshua's
> chief ambassadors leave for our edification?

13:52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the
synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews
and also of the Greeks believed.

> Keep in mind that the Judeo-Christian leaders of Protestantism who disregard
> the counsel and warnings of Yahweh are equally guilty in making alliances
> detrimental to His church. As these Protestant officials do not truly
> represent the main body of Christian believers. While Yahweh denounced the
> crafty and designing officials, He had compassion on the multitude. His
> example inspires the intent of this discussion.
>
> "Stand fast therefore in the liberty where with Christ hath made us free,
> and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)

Still Galatians:

1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion,
how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own
nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and
called me by his grace,

1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen;
immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me;
but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode
with him fifteen days.

1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

1:21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;

1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in
Christ:

1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now
preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

> [...]
> teach them. In response to a woman whose church had invited a rabbi, he
> stated:
>
> "...I will first say that I am very pleased that your church cares about the
> Jewish people. I'm impressed that your minister has become friends with the
> local rabbi. As always, I appreciate any kindness to the Jewish people
> because I know how very much Jews need demonstrations of Christian kindness.
> Nevertheless, in all honesty, I'm chagrined that the rabbi was invited to
> speak at the church. He is a teacher who wants you to learn why he doesn't
> believe in Jesus. He will tell you: 'If you really respect the Jewish
> people, you must not proselytize or presume that we Jews need your
> religion.' How could I be pleased about the church receiving that message?"
>
> A rabbi, claiming to be pastor of the first American Hebrew-Christian
> Synagogue, speaking in a church, made the following statements which are
> quoted at random from nots made at the time:
>
> "WE (Jews) HAVE COMBINED JUDAISM AND CHRISTIANITY...The Jews have their
> sects, Pharisees, Sadducees, Ashkenazim, Sephardim, etc., today the same as
> in Jesus' day...The Rabbis have changed the Old Testament...I lived my whole
> life without the Bible...THE RABBIS CONSIDER THE TALMUDIC LAW MORE IMPORTANT
> THAN THE BIBLE. They use the Torah and Talmud instead of the Bible. The
> background of the New Testament is Talmudic teaching."
>
> It was a strange sight to behold in a dignified old church, but the rabbi
> made a brotherly love plea, then took up a collection and guileless
> Presbyterians, Methodists and Baptists gave contributions to carry on the
> spurious work of combining Judaism and Christianity.
>
> JUDEO-CHRISTIAN HERITAGE A HOAX: It appears there is no need to belabor the
> absurdity and fallacy of the "Judeo-Christian heritage" fiction, which
> certainly is clear to all honest theologians. That "Judeo-Christian
> dialogue" in this context is also absurd was well stated in the
> author-initiative religious journal, Judaism, Winter 1966, by Rabbi Eliezar
> Berkowitz, chairman of the department of Jewish philosophy, at the Hebrew
> Theological College when he wrote:
>
> "As to dialogue in the purely theological sense, nothing could be more
> fruitless or pointless. JUDAISM IS JUDAISM BECAUSE IT REJECTS CHRISTIANITY;
> and CHRISTIANITY IS CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE IT REJECTS JUDAISM. What is usually
> referred to as the JEWISH-CHRISTIAN TRADITIONS EXISTS ONLY IN CHRISTIAN OR
> SECULARIST FANTASY."
>
> There is no doubt this is true! And the fantasy exists in Christian and
> Secularist minds only because it was implanted there by the persistent
> propaganda of the masters of intrigue of the ADL-AJC Network. Nevertheless,
> there can be no doubt that knowledgeable theologians, Jewish and Christians
> who constantly allude to "our Judeo-Christian heritage" are for their own
> specious purposes perpetuate a grotesque and fantastic hoax.

I've been asked what the "specious purpose" behind the ""Christian"" Identity
Duds' anti-Jewishness as well as their, seemingly, inherent criminality, is.

My best guess is that these mental defectives have to deny the Jews as God's
"chosen people" before they can claim it for themselves.

Matthew, again:

5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill;
and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a
cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his
brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say,
Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest
that thy brother hath ought against thee;

5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be
reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him;
lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge
deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Gray Shockley