Some myths concerning statistical hypothesis testing

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 14:27:57 EST 2002

<snip>

the p value is categorically not a probability that any
hypothesis, null or otherwise, is true. You don't actually understand this
do you?

<snip>

GS: And I never said it was. I said that it is the probability of obtaining
the data given that the null hypothesis is true. Why is it that you are
completely unable to respond to what I actually write? I guess it is easier
to "win" arguments simply by lying about what someone said.