Voices of dissent: statistical hypothesis testing

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 08:51:35 EST 2002

Ken,

I know that I have been mean to you, and ridiculed you, in the past (not
much, though, because any response to you just reinforces your behavior -
but since I doubt that you could be ignored sufficiently to produce
extinction, I will risk this one communication.). I am not a clinical type,
but I strongly suspect that you are manic or bipolar. Though the drug
companies and the MD s that they influence do not have this under as much
control as they assert, I think that it might do you well to seek some form
of treatment. There may even be some form of behavior therapy that could
help. You may very well be a smart guy, and capable of contributing to the
scientific literature, given the proper training, but not when you are sick.
I am sorry for ridiculing you in the past, and making jokes at your expense,
given what I suspect about your condition. I know it is hopeless to say "don
't bother to respond because I will not respond to you again" but, don't
bother to respond because I will not respond to you again. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Glen

P.S. If you have been diagnosed already, and prescribed medication, give the
drugs a try. You might find that your life takes a turn for the better.