In the News with discussion

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 14 18:15:06 EST 2002

The report on NPR's All Things Considered focused upon the anterior cingulate.

It's not in AoK, specifically, but the recent convergence upon the anterior cingulate's role in 'depression' was predicted, defined and discussed in AoK. This report allowed me to make the connection between the stuff of AoK,s Ap3 discussion of "ramp architecture" [the Chronister ref; pA-13 for those who have a paper copy] and the 'engineered'-in [AoK, Ap8] dynamics that have been referred to as "depression".

Anterior cingulate serves as a 'gating' mechanism that 'shuts down' 'normal' biologically-rewarded fron-center attention tuning.

This occurs because the main work that's going on within the brain is the backing-out of an 'inappropriate'-learning cul de sac [AoK, Ap8; "unlearning", AoK, Ap5].

If 'normal' front-center biological reward were allowed to occur, it would distract the supersystem from the "unlearning" task.

Once again, it's all 'just' TD E/I-minimization within the integrated neural topology.

Another 'step' - another Verification of NDT's synthesis.

HURRAH!

k. p. collins
    Kenneth 'pawl' Collins wrote in message ...
    [...]
    Good grief! I just heard a blurb, on NPR's All Things Considered, with respect to the 'isolation' of trigger zones with respect to clinical 'depression'. Can't wait to hear the report. The future: 'Now take these pills, and just forgetaboutit. No, nevermind that stuff you thinks needs to be dealt with. Just forgetaboutit. There's nothing you can doaboutit. Why not just forgetaboutit so you can feel good?'

    What's been referred to as "depression' is an 'engineered'-in information-processing dynamic that's crucial to the survival of Humanity. [See AoK, Ap8.]
    [...]