In the News with discussion

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 17 02:31:58 EST 2002

"Preschool Meds", By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/17/magazine/17RITALIN.html?8hpib

Quoting from the article:

"Flipping through the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders on a recent afternoon, Breggin read aloud from its list of A.D.H.D. symptoms: 'Often fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork. Often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat. Often blurts out answers before questions have been completed.' He scowled.

'There is no disease,' he said flatly. 'It's a list of behaviors that annoy adults.'"

© 2002, by The New York Times.

The augmenting 'diagnoses' A.D.H.D. reported on in the article is a reflection of augmenting society-wide TD E/I.

Parents existing 'in the grasp of' relatively-high TD E/I induce relatively-high TD E/I within their Children's nervous systems.

And the Innocents get blamed for everything - because there's nothing they can do about it.

Children as 'excuse' - as 'scapegoat'.

Children as a source of 'profits'.

Anyway, the article is one of those that should be read in it's entirety.

K. P. Collins