brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Jd JDay123 at BellSouth.net
Wed Nov 20 23:21:37 EST 2002

Cary Kittrell wrote:

>In article <3dd5a06f.351789 at newsgroups.bellsouth.net> JDay123 at BellSouth.net (Jd) writes:
><
><John Knight wrote:
><
><>
><>"Jd" <JDay123 at BellSouth.net> wrote in message
><>news:3dd25235.1731161 at newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
><>>
>        {...}
><>>
><>> I think you have it backwards Gray.  The collectivist says that the
><>> needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  "Individualistic"
><>> principles such as ownership of property by individuals are done
><>> away with under such a system in order to acheive a classless
><>> society.  It's "liberals" who promote such notions, not republicans.
><>>
><>> Jd
><>>
><>>
><>
><>And not Christians.
><>
><>John Knight
><
><Good point.
><
><Jd
>
>You appear to be ignoring those commies in the early church:
>
>        32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No
>    one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but
>    they shared everything they had.
>
>        33 With great power the apostles continued to
>    testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much
>    grace was upon them all.
>
>        34 There were no needy persons among them. For from
>    time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them,
>    brought the money from the sales
>
>        35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was
>    distributed to anyone as he had need.
>
>        36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles
>    called Barnabas (which means Son of Encouragement),
>
>        37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and
>    put it at the apostles' feet.
>

>        44 All the believers were together and had
>    everything in common.
>
>        45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to
>    anyone as he had need.
>
>[Acts chapters 4 and 2, respectively]

It wasn't under Rome's control though.  It was under God's control.
A man who lied in that early Church lied directly to none other than
God Himself.  When confronted with that fact, he fell dead at the
Apostles feet.

Acts 5:3-4  But Peter said, "Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine
heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price
of the land?  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it
was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived
this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto
God".

Acts 5:5  And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the
ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

In distorting truth and perverting righteousness, "liberals" lie
with almost every breath.  The fact that they don't fall dead after
being confronted with their lies only goes to prove just how great
the grace of God is in giving men the chance to govern themselves by
forming governments and exercising authority.

Similarily, the Church Jesus founded has authority to exercise also.

Matthew 16:18  "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and
upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall
not prevail against it."

Matthew 16:19  "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of
heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in
heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in
heaven."

To be in that early Church was no easy ride for any who dared to lie
of blaspheme.  The Apostle Paul exercised his authority in the case
of 2 blasphemers by committing them into the hands of Satan.

1Timothy 1:18-20 "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy,
according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by
them mightest war a good warfare; holding faith, and a good
conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made
shipwreck: of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered
unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme."

Satan imprisons.  As the accuser he binds folks up in their sins
with his near perfect prosecutorial tools.  That means Church
leadership positions carry with them a great deal of responsibility
if one understands that the exercise of authority extends to angelic
beings.

In fact, a true congregation of the Lord should have it's
governmental matters in order in preparation for judging the world.

1Corinthians 6:1 "Dare any of you, having a matter against another,
go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?"

1Corinthians 6:2  "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the
world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to
judge the smallest matters?"

1Corinthians 6:3  "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much
more things that pertain to this life?"

Cary, if you're going to preach (or pretend to) you need to be
warned about what you may be getting yourself into.  No one is above
being bashed by Satan. Even the Apostle Paul himself had to undergo
it during the process of learning.

2Corinthians 12:7  "And lest I should be exalted above measure
through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a
thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I
should be exalted above measure."

Jd