brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Jd JDay123 at BellSouth.net
Thu Nov 21 17:17:57 EST 2002

Cary Kittrell wrote:

>You brought up the negatuion of private property rights, John
>chimed in that Christians do not do that, and you agreed.
>

>But they did.
>

>You brought up the idea of a classless society, John averred that
>Christians do not "promote such notions".  You agreed.
>
>But they did: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free,
>male nor female"
>
>-- cary

I'm impressed at you're recall of scripture under the current
circumstances. Keep it up and you will have dealt Satan a terrific
blow!  I respect your adherance to God's word but Satan doesn't.

For the record, the thing that made believers equal and willing to
share everything was that they were all equal in Jesus.  All will
never be equal under Caesar no matter how many laws he passes.

Here's your quotation within it's context...

Galatians 3:27 	For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ
have put on Christ.

Galatians 3:28 	There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither
bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one
in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29	And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed,
and heirs according to the promise.

That means you don't have to necessarily be a physical decendent of
Abraham to obtain the same inheritance of the OT saints.  In Jesus,
we true Christians are equal with Joshua, David, Elijah and the
rest.  They and we will realize the unity in it's fullness at the
great reunion in the sky:

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report
through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some
better thing for us, that they without us should not be made
perfect.

Whether or not we realize it now makes no difference because Jesus
prayed that we all have the very same status. One of the purposes of
this equal status among us is for the benefit of the world of
unbelievers that they may hear and be saved just as folks have been
hearing and gotten saved since the days of the early church.

John 17:20-21	Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also
which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be
one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may
be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Now.  Don't go and try to get me in some sort of argument with Mr.
Knight about whether or not both Jews and Greeks are of equal
status.

Jd