In the News with discussion

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 25 15:26:23 EST 2002

"Until the End, a Not So Impossible Dream", By RICHARD BERNSTEIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/25/books/25BERN.html

A review of a book, The Pity of It All, by Amos Elon.

The review, and probably the book, describe 'spherical standing waves' comprised of Human interactive dynamics - 'zones' of 'moving away from' that 'press' against each other.

It seems to me that this book [which I cannot afford to purchase, but would if I could] is a stark and ominous metaphor for our present 'times', in which it's flat-out easy to see the analogous 'moving away from' that 'presses'-against subgroups within the global population, Ravaging everyone.

The underpinning dynamics are just Tapered Harmony's stuff operating within populations, and it reduces directly to Tapered Harmony's stuff at infinitely-small scale - via a route mapped through NDT's stuff.

You know?

Everyone's shouting at others across this or that born-in-interactive-pressure'-divide, not doing the one thing that dissolves all such artificially-maintained 'boundary' stuff - generously sharing in-culture familiar stuff; giving it a name - be-cause doing so precipitates "rendering useless' [AoK, Ap8] of illusionary notions of in-group 'superiority.

Folks'd rather Murder out-group others than, simply, eliminate 'the beast', Abstract Ignorance [the absence of understanding of how and why nervous systems process information via 'blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization within nervous systems which, nevertheless, do process information via 'blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization], which, anyone who only looks can see, Ravages everybody.

It's the all-encompassing case of:

People hate because they fear, and they fear because they do not understand, and they do not understand because hating is, literally, less work than is understanding.

This statement is NDT in a 'nutshell'. See if you've got it by working to 'translate' into its underpinning directionalities within the nerual topology. The statement is 100% such directionalities. [It's not 'hard' because all the answers are given in AoK.]

K. P. Collins