men's rights in abortion?

Pope Dilbert Vatican at NYC.com
Thu Nov 28 12:39:03 EST 2002

"Bob" <bobx23456 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3DE65207.7060805 at hotmail.com...
> rmj wrote:
>
> > wf3h at ptnospam.com wrote:

> >>when men can get pregnant, they'll have the same rights.
> >>

> > A woman gets pregnant and the father has no options; he will likely pay
> > child support for eighteen years. That he was unwilling to be a father
is
> > not considered.
> >
> > A woman gets pregnant she has rights and no responsibilities:
> >   she can have an abortion;
> >   she can have the child and put it up for adoption--and have no
financial
> > obligation toward the child;
> >   she can abandon the child at a hospital--and have no financial
obligation;
> >   she can keep the child and raise it herself;
> >   she can keep the child and sue the father for child support.
>

> It's really a political decision.   Other cultures have made
> other political decisions.   Our culture is heavily biased toward
> women so women get all the "rights."  It doesn't have to be so.
>
> Bob

There is a reality basis behind it too.
Notice that the previous comparisons do not make any distinctions between a
baby and a fetus.

If a woman decides to give birth, the man shares some of the
responsibility - he has little to say about that responsibility.
When a woman gets pregnant, the man has no duties or responsibilities, he
shares none of that burden.

The system is, by no means, fair .. and I see no way of making it fair to
both (eventually three) parties concerned.