men's rights in abortion?

rmj rmjREMOVE at bossig.com
Fri Nov 29 22:03:02 EST 2002

Pope Dilbert wrote:

> "obo" <obo at jerseymail.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:feb7f995.0211290605.28acd839 at posting.google.com...
>> "Pope Dilbert" <Vatican at NYC.com> wrote in message
> news:<48CF9.171071$1O2.11901 at sccrnsc04>...
>> > <michael at thelastchurch.borg> wrote in message
>> > news:osoduu0op1ef096braau9tpe3r1dc715k2 at 4ax.com...

>> > No. it doesn't work that way.
>> > You produced them, you pay for them.
>>
>> unless your a women who can abort or have them adopted.
>
> True.
> I never said I liked the system, or thought it was fair; only that there
> is no way to be completely fair to everyone involved.

True, but it can be fairer. If the woman has the choice of abortion or
having the child and giving it up for adoption without financial
obligation, then why not some similar rights for the man.

First, the right to parenthood: the father should have the right to take
custody if the woman chooses adoption. For most states men do not have this
right.

Second, the right to quasi-abortion: the father should be able to say he is
unwilling to be a father. If the woman goes ahead and has the child, then
the man would not be financially obligated.

--
rmj
~~~  "There are more things in heaven     ~~~