men's rights in abortion?

rmj rmjREMOVE at
Fri Nov 29 22:03:02 EST 2002

Pope Dilbert wrote:

> "obo" <obo at> wrote in message
> news:feb7f995.0211290605.28acd839 at
>> "Pope Dilbert" <Vatican at> wrote in message
> news:<48CF9.171071$1O2.11901 at sccrnsc04>...
>> > <michael at thelastchurch.borg> wrote in message
>> > news:osoduu0op1ef096braau9tpe3r1dc715k2 at

>> > No. it doesn't work that way.
>> > You produced them, you pay for them.
>> unless your a women who can abort or have them adopted.
> True.
> I never said I liked the system, or thought it was fair; only that there
> is no way to be completely fair to everyone involved.
True, but it can be fairer. If the woman has the choice of abortion or
having the child and giving it up for adoption without financial
obligation, then why not some similar rights for the man.

First, the right to parenthood: the father should have the right to take
custody if the woman chooses adoption. For most states men do not have this

Second, the right to quasi-abortion: the father should be able to say he is
unwilling to be a father. If the woman goes ahead and has the child, then
the man would not be financially obligated.
>> > Your past deed is what makes you responsible - not your current,
> personal
>> > whims and desires.
>> unless your a women who can abort or have them adopted. or if thats
>> too much trouble put them in a dumpster
> Now you're just getting sick.

~~~  "There are more things in heaven     ~~~
~~~  and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt  ~~~
~~~  of in your philosophy."--the Bard    ~~~