John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Sat Nov 30 02:14:49 EST 2002

news:v3bstucpvt1cl9pr3a1v63n2ck7b96gr7f at 4ax.com...
JDay123 at BellSouth.net (Jd) writes:
> ><I think it can be traced back to the love affair America had with
> ><the Kennedy clan which was under the spell of Catholic idolitry.
> ><Such flagrant idolitries as carrying statues of Mary around in
> ><glamorous public specticles was overlooked as America fell for the
> ><dashing young President who, as it turns out was doped up most of
> ><the time.
> ><
> ><A nation which calls itself "Christian" should've repented long ago
> ><for letting such things go as long as they did. Idolitry is one the
> ><most serious of offenses and we're still suffering the consequences.
> ><
> ><Even recently churches have been coming together in order to promote
> ><pollution free cars for car companies, which is nothing less than
> ><worshipping Mother Earth herself.
> ><
> ><Kennedy stood upon the seashore and uttered "as we came from the
> ><sea, so shall we one day return" (paraphrase).  With those
> ><idolitrous catholic words you have evolution and Ishtar the
> ><Babyonian goddess (Mother Earth, Queen of heaven, Mary) figure
> ><all rolled up into one.
> >
> >Since I wouldn't want to think this is so paraphrased as to
> >verge on total fabrication, could you please give a source
> >for this quote?  It's completely new to me.
>
> He was "standing on the seashore" only in that the speech he was
> giving was in Newport RI which is a coastal city.  The speech was in
> the context of the America's Cup yachting competition.
>
> >"I really don't know why it is that all of us are so committed to the
> > sea, except I think it is because in addition to the fact that the
> > sea changes and the light changes, and ships change, it is because we
> > all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that
> > all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our
> > blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our
> > blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when
> > we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it we are
> > going back from whence we came."
>
> The complete text of the speech will be found at:

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/jfk_australian_ambassador_dinner_sept_14_19
62.html

> How his remarks have anything to do with Catholicism or idolatry, only
> JD can answer.  And how Ishtar or Mother Earth figures in, seems even
> less clear.
>
> lojbab

It is BLASPHEMY to Our Lord Jesus Christ, to the Holy Bible, to the 91% of
Americans who REJECT the "theory of evolution", and to two billion other
Christians in the world, to proclaim that "we all came from the sea."

It's obvious when he went on to make a comparison between blood and ocean
water that he's not referring to just a yacht race when he says "we all".

There's no other way to describe it.  It's blasphemy.

John Knight