AMPA/NMDA and GABAa/GABAb conductance ratios

Bryan Price jprice1661 at
Fri Oct 4 04:15:11 EST 2002

I officially apologize for every time I secretly loathed people in the NG
who snobbishly redirect people to Google...

>From this study, it seems that, interestingly, the AMPA to NMDA conductance
ratio (or maybe the receptor ratio, which may translate to a different
conductance ratio) is on the order of 4 - 5 to 1, and is quite well
moderated by (according to the article) as-yet unknown processes. I'm not
sure of the equivalent ratio of GABAa to GABAb, nor whether any recent
research shows plasticity on these inhibitory conductances and whether such
plasticity also maintains a fixed ratio.

Even lacking such a ratio in the face of plasticity on the inhibitory side,
I should be able to determine the appropriate ratio without plasticity based
on the numbers I cited.

news:Wttg9.4994$Os3.351275 at