brain sizes: Einstein's and women's and miscegenation

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Wed Sep 4 10:17:50 EST 2002


"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:iNgd9.9522$jG2.715594 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> John Knight wrote in message
> <_H5d9.42563$Ic7.3225328 at news2.west.cox.net>...
> >
> >"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >news:013d9.8354$jG2.622019 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >>
> >> John Knight wrote in message ...
> >> >
> >> >"You shall do no injustice in judgment; you shall not be partial
> to
> >> the poor
> >> >or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your
> >> neighbor",
> >> >Leviticus 19:15
> >>
> >> "In righteousness" - in-Truth - Truth is that every 'poor' person
> >> I've ever come across, except folks suffering disease conditions,
> was
> >> 'poor' because of stuff with respect to which she/he was Innocent.
> >>
> >> "Righteousness" is telling-it-as-it-is with respect to such.
> >>
> >
> >And that means removing from the community "every brother that
> walketh
> >disorderly", or who don't follow God's Commandments, doesn't it?
> >
> >> >"You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the
> small
> >> as well
> >> >as the great; you shall not be afraid in any man's presence, for
> the
> >> >judgment is God's", Deuteronomy 1:17
> >>
> >> Even if he's a bafoon.
> >>
> >
> >This makes no sense.  Of course nobody's afraid of a "bafoon".  This
> is a
> >reference to those in power who pretend to follow God's Commandments
> but
> >don't.  This instruction is to judge even them, so it actually
> excludes
> >"bafoons".
> >
> >
> >> >"...we command you, brethren, on the name of our Lord Jesus
> Christ,
> >> that ye
> >> >withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly,
> and
> >> not
> >> >after the tradition which he received of us", 2 Thessalonians 3:6
> >>
> >> But, "First, remove the log from your own eye [...]"
> >>
> >
> >Of course.
> >
> >
> >> >"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what
> >> fellowship
> >> >hath righteousness with unrighteousness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14
> >>
> >> "Love your enemies."
> >>
> >
> >But don't live with them.
> >
> >Don't let them into your community.  Don't subsidize them.  Don't
> put them
> >in positions of power or authority.
> >
> >
> >> "Do good to those who persecute you"
> >>
> >
> >Which appears absolutely no place in the Holy Bible.
> >
> >> "Turn the other cheek."
> >>
> >> "Go the extra mile."
> >>
> >> ~"Give 'em your shirt, too."
> >>
> >> Clearly, you've 'selected' incompletely, eh John?
> >>
> >> k. p. collins
> >
> >
> >Here you are quoting "kpcollins"'s which have no basis in the Holy
> Bible,
> >and you claim that I "selected incompletely"?
> >
> >Let's get back to the actual Word:
> >
> >Luke 6:29  To him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the
> other;
> >and from him that taketh away thy cloak withhold not thy coat also.
> >
> >There's a time and a place for this, but you can't ignore the
> responsibility
> >to FIRST remove "those who walketh disorderly", can you?
> >
> >You can't invite the enemy into your community, and then expect
> everyone to
> >"offer also the other" if the enemy is intent on destroying the
> community,
> >can you?
> >
> >You need to put this in context.
> 
> 
> OK. Context: "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."
> 
> Reiterated: "Forgive seventy times seven." [that is, endlessly.]
> 
> There's more in Scripture than the 'verbal-symbols' themselves, John.
> 
> And, for another thing, the need for Forgiveness is built right into
> nervous systems because nervous systems learn through experience, and
> experience is over-flowing with 'blind-alley' stuff. Absent
> Forgiveness, folks'd get 'stuck' in any 'bline'-alley' into which
> their experience carried them.
> 
> It's =then= that Jesus Bekons: "Forgive."
> 
> And, through our Forgiveness, voila, the 'trapped' folks are nurtured
> upon their way.
> 
> All this is right-there, in the Teaching of Jesus [along with
> much-more, of course].
> 
> But if one elevates the 'language'-interface stuff 'above' the larger
> underpinning stuff, one 'misses' what's in-there.
> 
> k. p. collins
> 
> 

What you describe and desire is a functional society.

What you will never get with the jews here is a functional society.  This is why Jesus warned us that jews were not of His realm:
  Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 

  Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end have I been born, and to this end am I come into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 

  Joh 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find no crime in him. 

  Joh 18:39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews? 

  Joh 18:40 They cried out therefore again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.) 



John Knight

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/bionet/mm/neur-sci/attachments/20020904/92718183/attachment.html


More information about the Neur-sci mailing list