brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob bobx23456 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:31:14 EST 2002

John Knight wrote:

> "Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> news:alj1c0$4ul$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
>
>>In article <_3ee9.58074$Ic7.4272085 at news2.west.cox.net> "John Knight"
>>
> <jwknight at polbox.com> writes:
>
>><This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>><
>><------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C255E1.0D2C3A00
>><
>><
>><"Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message =
>><news:albba1$j5$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
>><
>><> <John, I've noticed that some Christians are able to accept that they
>><> <(again, according to their myths) are "adopted" sons of Abraham
>><> <without trying to push the "firstborn" out of the way. And I've
>><> <noticed that some who claim to be Christian seem to think that the
>><> <only way that they can "prove" their "fitness" is to dispariage the
>><> <Jews. Which category do you fall in?
>><> <
>><> <That's a serious question, John -- not a flame, an insult, or a =
>><troll.
>><> <
>><>
>><> Please, then, allow me: John falls into a noticibly distinct group --
>><> nominal Christians who are nowhere near ready to go in for all
>><> that Jesus stuff -- mercy and charity and self-sacrifice and
>><> loving those who hate you -- they're by temperament far more
>><> comfortable with the Old Testament ambiance, all that smiting
>><> and abominating and all-around tribalistic xenophobia.  Reflexively
>><> exclusive, not inclusive, by nature, they look about for something to
>><> support their us-vs-them tendencies, and it's obvious where that's
>><> to be found.  Only problem: YWH clearly wasn't talking to us.
>><> As a matter of fact, YWH spends a great deal of time warning the
>><> Chosen against the likes of us.  So what's a bigot to do when
>><> faced with such roaring cognitive dissonance?
>><>
>><> You've seen the answer to that.  Not pretty, is it?
>><>
>><>
>><>
>><> -- cary
>><
>><Sooo, you want to stick to the "New Testament" and throw out the "Old", =
>><cary?  Why exactly would that be?  Would you mind explaining that?  No?
>><
>>

>>Oh me, I don't particularly care about either.  Is that forthcoming enough
>>
> for
>
>>you?
>>

>>But I was talking about you, and the way you constantly wrap yourself
>>in the banner of Christianity while simultaneously holding the virtues
>>the Christ taught,  self-sacrifice, detachment from this
>>world, and unconditional love of and service to others in contempt,
>>as you evince daily in your posts.

> [...]

You are right.  We ought to follow the example and teaching of Moses.
Its okay, even good to murder the neighboring people, half a million or
so, steal their cattle and land and sell their daughters into sexual
slavery.  Yes indeed we need to take the whole thing.  Picking and
choosing is a disservice to Christianity.

Bob