brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Tue Sep 10 23:45:15 EST 2002


"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
>The jews who controlled the publishers gradually changed the definition of
>"adultery" to the point that people now think "adultery" means sex outside
>of marriage rather than inter-racial marrying.  So their responses indicate
>this new definition.

Nope.  The definition of adultery in English applied to men has always
referred to sex with a married woman.  

>The ORIGINAL language of the Holy Bible proves that it meant that those who
>create little mamzers are to be stoned.

You don't know diddlesquat about Hebrew, and hence nothing about the
"original language of the Holy Bible".  It happens that H5003
referring to a man ALWAYS refers to his having sex with a married
woman.

>Jer 29:23    Because they have committed villany in Israel, and have committed adultery with their neighbours' wives, and have spoken lying words in my name, which I have not commanded them; even I know, and am a witness, saith the LORD.  

 When referring to a woman it the same word seems to usually be
figurative of idolatrous worship (the idols usually being fertility
goddesses, which whores worshipped in order to not get pregnant).

>> > King David didn't commit adultery, because he was an Israelite.
>>
>> Who cares?  He was already married and he had sex with someone not his
>> wife (who furthermore was someone else's wife).  Furthermore, The
>> Bible says that God was displeased at what he had done for having
>> slept with another man's wife and then killed him. 2 Sam 12:1-16
>
>Yes, God punished David by killing the first-born son of Bathsheba, but he
>repented and Bathsheba had Solomon.
>
>The crime that David was punished for was permitting Hittites to live
>amongst the Israelites, just as is happening right now.

2 Samuel specifically says that he was punished by God for


>How did God punish
>him?  He started by killing 5% of his fighting men with a pestilence:

You aren't even in the right part of the book.  Go back to Chapter 12

2 Sam 12:
>7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God
> of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out
> of the hand of Saul; 8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy
> master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and
> of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have
> given unto thee such and such things. 9 Wherefore hast thou despised
> the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast 
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^
> killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Ammon. 10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine
  ^^^^^
> house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife. 11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will
> take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour,
> and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou
> didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and
> before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against
> the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy
> sin; thou shalt not die. 14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast
> given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the
> child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. 

The Lord says twice that the sin was his taking Uriah's wife to be his
own which is adultery, and says once that he was guilty of murder, and
says once that he despised the Lord.  The punishments that God gives
reflect these sins: for the adultery, David will watch his wives
commit adultery in public; for the murder through war, war would not
depart from David's house; for the insult to God and the blasphemy
that would result, the child would die.

There is NO mention in the section that there was punishment for
Hittites living among them.

>2Sa 24:15  So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even
>to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to
>Beer-sheba seventy thousand men.

The sin being punished here was David's vainglory and delight in
numbering Israel (2 Samuel 24:3-4) which he realized in verse 10.

As for the importance to God of race-mixing, it seems to have varied
with time:
1 Kings 11:
>1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the
> daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites,
> Zidonians, and Hittites; 2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD
> said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither
> shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your
> heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3 And he
> had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines:
> and his wives turned away his heart. 

One would think that long before Solomon reached a thousand violations
of God's commandment about race mixing he would have been punished, if
as you say David was punished so severely merely for permitting
someone else to marry a Hittite (the Bible doesn't say what
nationality Bathsheba is)

>> Ezra came several centuries after David.
>
>So what?  Israelite law didn't just shift with the wind.  Miscegenation was
>always a crime with the Israelites, otherwise there couldn't have been 12
>different and distinct races of Israelites for 40 generations before the
>birth of Christ.

Obviously there wasn't.  Solomon was noted for his wisdom.  Solomon's
first wife was the daughter of Pharaoh, and yet the Lord continued to
reward him.

Furthermore, Solomon's son who ruled Judah after his death was
Rehoboam
1 Kings 14:31 says
> And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers
> in the city of David. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess.
> And Abijam his son reigned in his stead.  

Now recall your favorite verse of Deuteronomy
Deut 23:3
>An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the
> LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the
> congregation of the LORD for ever: 

"Israelite law didn't just shift with the wind".

So the first King of Judah was the daughter of an Ammonite princess.
Now we have a problem, because it suggests that all of Rehoboam's
descendants were "mongrels" of a Hittite and hence according to you
would be FOREVER banned from the congregation of the LORD.  Yet, who
was Rehoboam's ultimate descendant?

>6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of
> her that had been the wife of Urias; 7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and
> Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; 8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and
> Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias; ... 16 And Jacob begat
> Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called
> Christ. 

(Note that the differences in spelling don't help, since the list of
names exactly corresponds to the list of kings of Judah, as would be
expected of the ancestors of Christ).

And your whole theology has just collapsed in a mass of
self-contradiction, because by your interpretation of Israelite law,
the entirety of the royal house of Judah down to Christ were
"mongrels" forever banned from the congregation of the Lord.

You lose, loser.

Obviously the Israelite law did NOT work the way you think it did.  I
gave you the solution the other day: the Bible explicitly says that a
stranger who converts, and has all of his men circumcised and who
keeps the covenant of Moses and Abraham becomes a member of the tribes
of Israel.

But having made me go look things up, I find checking that Moses
married a Kenite:
Jud 1:16
>And the children of the Kenite, Moses' father in law, went up out of
> the city of palm trees * with the children of Judah into the
> wilderness of Judah, which lieth in the south of Arad; and they went
> and dwelt among the people.

And the Kenites were not Israelites.  Indeed you've argued that they
are descendants of Cain and hence children of the Devil.  You've also
claimed, IIRC, that the Jews were descended from Kenites so it looks
like Moses married an ancestor of the Jews.

Of course even this line of stupidity fails you, because per 
Josh 15:57, one of the cities conquered and taken away from the and
made a part of the land of Judah was "Cain", and thus after Joshua,
someone called a "Kenite" was more likely a descendant of Judah than a
descendant of Cain.

>Exactly what is it that makes you think that David was exempted from the
>following commandments from God?:

Because he was rewarded multiple times by the Lord even after
"breaking those commandments", either those commandments were not
applicable, or there is a commandment you are missing, which is the
commandment that allows for adoption of strangers into the tribes of
Israel.

>Do you think King David didn't know the Israelite law?

He undoubtedly knew it better than you do, nincompoop.

>As an Israelite KING, King David had a moral responsibility to KILL the
>Hittites, not let them live in Judaea and marry Israelite women.  These were
>direct instructions to Israelites to "SMITE", "UTTERLY DESTROY", "MAKE NO
>COVENANT" with, "SHOW NO MERCY" to, Hittites.
>
>By comparison to permitting the Hittites into the community, taking
>Bathsheba as his wife was trivial.

Sorry, but the commandments of Deuteronomy are not among the 10
commandments, but the sins that God explicitly laid at David's feet
after he married Bathsheba were all three violations of the 10
commandments.

>It was still a sin, and he was punished for it, but the major sin was
>permitting his snow White Israelites to miscegenate with muds and mamzers.

Whereupon they were no longer "snow White Israelites" because it
wasn't till hundreds of years later that Ezra had people put out the
foreign wives, hundreds of years wherein even their kings were
"mongrels" in your perversion of the Bible.

>Of course you mamzers don't think this is a crime.  But that doesn't mean
>it's not the most serious slap across God's Face imaginable.

YOU are the one who slaps God's Face with your lies that have been fed
to you by the Prince of Lies.

lojbab



More information about the Neur-sci mailing list