OBE Trigger Found

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mom
Sat Sep 21 11:29:36 EST 2002

> These new findings tend to support my OBE
> hypothesis: http://IanGoddard.net/paranorm.htm
> http://users.erols.com/igoddard/paranorm.htm
>Brain probe triggers out-of-body experiences

The abstract...

Nature, 2002 Sep 19;419(6904):269-270

Neuropsychology: Stimulating illusory own-body perceptions.

Blanke O, Ortigue S, Landis T, Seeck M.

[author affiliations cut for brevity, see URL below]

'Out-of-body' experiences (OBEs) are curious, usually brief
sensations in which a person's consciousness seems to become
detached from the body and take up a remote viewing position.
Here we describe the repeated induction of this experience by
focal electrical stimulation of the brain's right angular gyrus
in a patient who was undergoing evaluation for epilepsy treatment.
Stimulation at this site also elicited illusory transformations of
the patient's arm and legs (complex somatosensory responses) and
whole-body displacements (vestibular responses), indicating that
out-of-body experiences may reflect a failure by the brain to
integrate complex somatosensory and vestibular information.

PMID: 12239558 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

 "To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals." Benjamin Franklin

 Caloric Restriction: http://users.erols.com/igoddard/cr.htm

 Ongoing CR monkey study update: "In the monkeys...those on
 reduced feeding since the study started are dying at a rate
 that is about half that of the monkeys receiving a full food
 ration." Associated Press: Eating less may extend human life.
 August 1, 2002 : http://www.msnbc.com/news/788746.asp?0si=-