brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at
Wed Sep 25 14:26:35 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at> wrote:
>"Dan Holzman" <holzman at> wrote in message
>news:amr30g$s0s$1 at
>> John also thinks that French peasants in the time of Louis XIV - XVI
>> were quite wealthy, based on the opulence of Versails.
>Compared to 900 million niggers in Africa, French peasants are kings.

Bread riots are not a regular occurrence in Africa.  There is
starvation in part of Africa, but it was almost certainly worse in
medieval France (which had a shorter average lifespan).

>The real measure of the wealth of a nation, though, is its personal savings,

>5)  Deposited so much money in Sumitomo Bank that it grew IN ONE YEAR by
>almost as much as the entire asset value of Bank of America

Rather obsolete numbers, if they were ever correct.

gives a 6/92 asset value for Mizuho of 87 trillion yen, which is $719
billion.  Sumitomo's assets convert to $521 billion.  So Mizuho LOST
nearly $600 billion in assets in a few months if we were to believe
your numbers.  The combination of postal savings and postal insurance
accounts have 360 trillion yen, which is just under US $3 trillion.