Efferents for raphe nuclei

Tue Apr 1 14:40:28 EST 2003

"John H." <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote in message
news:vYkia.263$Of2.13046 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| [...]

Your post is eloquent, and I agree with most of it, but disagree with
respect to:

"More likely however, these very capable individuals were under
constant pressure, externally and internally, to produce the goods,
and a
life of this certainly will strongly predispose individuals towards
dementia."

Two things are more likely.

1. A well-exercised mind will just remain maximally-capable
throughout Life [allowing for 'normal' aging].

2. A mind that leaves the 'status quo' behind will result in the
hardships of others' 'moving away from'.

Newton, for instance, delayed publication of the _Prindipia
Mathematica+ for twenty years, I expect because, through experiencing
of such, he came to be 'intuitively' aware of the behavioral
correlates of 'blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization with respect to
stuff that 'abandons' the status quo.

I've often 'wondered' how many Gifted folks are locked-up simply
because 'normal' folks want TD E/I-minimization more than they want
the other's Gift-stuff.

The 'problem' is that seeing-'beyond' requires physically-real
information-processing work. One does it. The other one doesn't, and
the one who acquiesces to the 'status quo' 'gets the most votes', so
he can achieve TD E/I-minimization by simply locking-up the other
person - to the Loss of Humanity.

Anyway, I disagree with your thoughtful post in this one area.

"It's not easy being green." ["Kermit the frog"] And 'frightening',
too, when one sees stuff that is commonly done to folks who dare to
be - ignorance, wanting TD E/I-minimization is the most-Savage stuff
there is.

"People hate because they fear. And they fear because they do not
understand. And they do not understand because hating is literally
less work than is understanding."

"Duck and cover" in the midst of the 'blindly'-automated TD
E/I-minimization inherent.

ken