Sundowning: severe dementia and bringing on the night (corticosterone increases aggression in the rat)

BilZ0r BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:37:08 EST 2003

I'm sorry, but WHAT? I consider myself a smart man, I've read up on
cognitive neuroscience, and I've done a lot of neurobiology, and I'm damn
sure I know more physics than whoever wrote that. I don't see what the
2nd law of thermodynamics (if thats what 2nd thermo is) has to do with
learing. The majority of energy consumed in by the brain is involved in
apposing the 2nd law of thermodynamics

This paragraph:
" Through TD E/I-minimization, nervous systems converge upon cognition,
  affect, and behavior that 'climbs' the WDB2T energy-gradient, which
  is functional because 'climbing' the WDB2T energy-gradient enables
  Life to 'move toward' increasing energy abundance."

I still don't know what TD E/I is, but I'm sure it dosn't matter seeing
as it hasn't been published and is the topic of conversation in bizzarly
made up newsgroup, But even still, but minimizing it, that makes the CNS
congitiant? What is the 2nd law of thermodyamics have to do with energy
gradients? Sure it can't be applied to them, but there is no 2nd law of
thermodynamics energy gradient! And changing it dosn't have anything to
do with moving toward anything. The brain could theoretically work with
almost no entropy change. Life dosn't move toward anything, and it
certainly dosn't move toward energy abundance, if anything life lowers
the amount of free energy in a system.

and stop citing your own unpublished works, its unproffesional.