Affirmative Action - April Supreme Court Decision

Mon Apr 7 00:55:18 EST 2003

"Prison Rates Among Blacks Reach a Peak, Report Finds", By FOX BUTTERFIELD

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/07/national/07PRIS.html

Quoting from the New York Times Op-Ed Column:

"Mr. Beck said that the 12 percent of black men in their 20's and early 30's in jail or prison was `a very dramatic number, very significant.`"

"That is just the rate on a given day, Mr. Beck said. Over the course of a lifetime, the rates are much higher, he said. The Bureau of Justice Statistics has calculated that 28 percent of black men will be sent to jail or prison in their lifetime."

These are the still-enduring intergenerationally-handed-down ramifications of the forced withholding of all means of Education from Progenitors who were held a chattel.

Those who oppose Affirmative Action are 'living' in the early nineteenth century, doing the same-stuff as was done back then - 'blindness' replicating 'blindness' - and, it's 'hilarious', supposedly doing so 'in the name' of The Constitution of The United States of America.

"Never mind" that, in an effort to draw itself up to the full height of Constitutional Principle, This Nation Suffered through the awesome blood-letting of the U. S. Civil War.

"Never mind." ...?

"That was then, this is now." ...?

It's 'hilarious' - folks 'think' that 'having a degree' can assure them of anything when that which Assures everything, The Constitution, is perverted to turn things back to the early nienteenth century?

"Progress." ...?

"It's not our problem." ...?

It is.

If The Constitution of The United States of America is to have Existence - if America is to have any Existence - it is our problem.

Take your Choice: Your 'self', or America.

You can have both, but only to the degree that Life is first breathed into America,

The only way any of us can hope to serve our 'selves' is through our breathing Life into America.

Or does anyone 'miss' the costs inherent in the fact that more than a quarter of any subgroup within our Citizenry is locked away from their Citizenry.

Think about it. They're far greater than the costs of 'operating prisons'.

Where does the Solution begin?

In Educating those who suffer under the burden of all means of Education having been withheld from their Forebears. such withheld stuff, itself being handed-down intergenerationally, like some malevolent 'ghost' of This Nation's Savage past. This is the only way of redressing things - and such "redress" is hallmark stuff within The Constitution of The United States of America.

But, good grief! The anti-Affirmative Action folks turn The Constitution upside-down, inside-out, and backwards, so as to serve 'self', while abandoning the very Essence from which America springs.

K. P. Collins