Basic Neuron Questions

Wed Apr 9 08:46:34 EST 2003

I can't read the article because I don't have a Postscript
interpreter on my internet PC.

But there's no single 'time' scale within nervous systems.

All there is is the one energy 'scale' - through the 'lens' of its
formerly-accumulated "biological mass" [AoK, Ap5], nervous systems
literally weigh the experientially-relevant energy costs of this or
that that it is experiencing bia the activation that's occurring
within it.

I understand that the article might not address the subject
experience of that which has been referred to as 'time' - that it
might address the 'timing' that's inherent in synchronization amongst
neura; impulse 'events' - but it's all the same-stuff.

Degree of synchronization occurs as rigorous function of degree of TD
E/I-minimization, so all 'timing' within nervous systems reduces
directly to TD E/I-minimization, which is just the work that nervous
systems achieve with respect to 'climbing' the WDB2T energy-gradient.

My discussion of the so-called 'oscillation' artifacts of TD
E/I-minimization, from a couple of months back, is pertinent to this
'timing' discussion, as are all my discussions of the non-existence
of what's been referred to as 'time'.

If there's no such thing as 'time' within physical reality, and, as
I've discussed in former post, it stands verified that there isin't,
who can there be 'timing' :-]

What there is is degree of order within work performed by nervous
systems - which is just degree of useful work [non-'random' work] -
which is 'just' degrees to which nervous systems do, in fact, 'climb'
the WDB2T energy-gradient.

It's why information-content is 'encoded' as work - work =is= the
information-content.

WCB2T 'maps' the information-content of physical reality.

Nervous systems do work which enables them to follow the WDB2T
'map' - which is Truth's one map within physical reality.

Get it?

'timing' is 'superfluous' - what matters is degree of order within
the energydynamics inherent neural activation - which is 'just'
degree of useful work being performed by a nervous system in
question - which is 'just' WDB2T ^ -1.

K. P. Collins

"John H." <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote in message
news:iXNka.123$cN3.4596 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| At what time scale does the nervous system operate?
|

| Enjoyed the above title, that's some temporal precision.
|
| Thanks Didier
| "Lance Sherman" <lancesherman at insightBB.com> wrote in message
| news:PTBka.371204$L1.106250 at sccrnsc02...
| > Didier
| >
| > Thanks for your suggested reading
| >

| > "Didier A. Depireux" <didier at rai.isr.umd.edu> wrote in message
| > news:b6sqfr$1sf$2 at grapevine.wam.umd.edu...

N2 -> N3

| > > I doubt anyone knows the answer to that question in any detail.
For any

didier at isr.umd.edu
http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm
| > > Anatomy and Neurobiology                      Phone:
410-706-1272 (off)
| > > University of
         -1273 (lab)
| > > Baltimore MD 21201 USA                             Fax:
1-410-706-2512