Noise (was: Re: Basic Neuron Questions)

Christian Wilms usenet at out-of-phase.de
Fri Apr 11 03:42:57 EST 2003

Dag Stenberg <dag.stenberg at nospam.helsinki.fi.invalid> wrote:

> This would facilitate the sorting of noise, but unfortunately
> we all also know that these categories would not stay apart.

Through the past weeks there have been a few threads on the noise level
here. I'm certain most of us agree, that this level will never change on
it's own, as Neuroscience tends to attract many individuals with very
... let's say: strange theories and even stranger "Truths".

I figure the easiest way of lowering the noise you actually see is a set
of personal filters, which fish out the SPAM, flamers (which I haven't
seen here sofar) and those people whose only form of arguement consists
of standing by what they have posted and who hold their Truths for so
selfevident, that there seems to be no need of actually providing data
or other forms of "proof".

This said, I would also enjoy a group in which one can discuss methods
and principles of Neuroscience.

Cheers, Chris