Basic Neuron Questions

Sun Apr 13 00:02:10 EST 2003

"r norman" <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
news:hbkh9v00qj930tp37c83lbc24828o14dq5 at 4ax.com...
| On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:50:51 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux"
| <didier at tango.isr.umd.edu> wrote:
|
| >r norman <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote:
| >> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:44:25 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux"
| >> <didier at rai.isr.umd.edu> wrote:
| >
| >> [...]
| I particularly like your observation that replications almost never
| produce the same results.  That is the thing that drives my
physicist
| colleagues absolutely bonkers.  They really don't get why biology
| is"so hard." They insist it is because we don't know how to do the
| experiments properly!
| [...]

Physics is 'hard', in the same way, for the same reasons. Physicists
'just' 'assume-away' all the analogous variability which exists
everywhere within physical reality.

Then they 'laugh' at Biologists :-]

Really, what's necessary is learning-from-one-another,
interdisiplinary endeavor.

The need for such is augmenting greatly.

ken [K. P. Collins]