Elevated Volitional Diminishing-Returns Thresholds in the News

Sun Apr 13 13:03:04 EST 2003

"Marines Find 7 G.I.'s Who Were Captured by Iraqis", By DEXTER FILKINS and CHARLIE LeDUFF

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/13/international/worldspecial/13CND-POWS.html

HURRAH!

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"`You've got to give credit to the humanity of those Iraqi soldiers for returning the P.O.W.'s,'' said Capt. Neil. S. Murphy Jr., a Marine spokesman. ``Given all the atrocities we've seen, we feared the worst. Our hearts were lifted today.`"

The Iraqi Men's "volitional diminishing-returns" thresholds [AoK, Ap7] were elevated by the 'heat of battle', and, to his Honor, so was Captain Murphy's.

'Sunlight' in the midst of 'darkness'.

May it shine, increasingly!

ken

--