5-HT tests.

BilZ0r BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:28:34 EST 2003

This is really more of a neurology question than a neuroscience one, but;

Does anyone know any physical tests one can do on a subject to see if there
is antagonism/agonism at any/all of the 5-HT receptors.

I mean something along the lines of the strech reflex is inhanced by
someone taking a dopamine agonist. Any pupillary reflexs are dulled by
Muscarinic antagonists.

On a similar note, is anyone exactly sure why MDMA and other psychoactives
cause pupil dilation? I've heard people say 5-HT2a is the cause, but I know
LSD is a peripheral antagonist of it.

ANy ideas?