Fri Apr 18 09:22:30 EST 2003

"Preventing a Miscarriage of Justice"

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/18/opinion/18FRI2.html

Quoting from the New York Times Editorial:

"As troubling as Mr. Banks's case is, it is hardly isolated. A study of more than 4,000 capital cases found that nearly 70 percent of them contained serious errors. The Supreme Court should set aside Mr. Banks's execution to prevent a miscarriage of justice - and to send a message about the standard that prosecutors and courts must meet before they put someone to death."

With reason founded in my own experience, I Agree.

K. P. COllins