Electric Field Effects in the Brain?

Fri Apr 18 23:11:44 EST 2003

fMRI uses [E]M to [with a lot of help from computers] 'read' neural
activation dynamics, so it's easy to see that fields do interact with
the neural tissue. [Where there's dynamic magnetic fields there's
correlated dynamic electric fields.]

The important thing with respect to the ionic conductances that =are=
active within the brain's functioning is that they all occur in a way
that rigorously conforms to the =detailed= neural architecture.

This's not True with respect to typical external fields, which have
group-discipline that doesn't 'know' the neural Topology - so, if
they do, typical external fields can only interact with neural tissue
in relatively gross [overall] ways.

Even if you 'scramble' a low-power E[M] field, it'll still be
oblivious to the detailed neural architecture, so it tends to
pass-through 'unnoticed' [except, perhaps, for some molecular 'level'
resonances [that probably can be of consequence]].

Then there's 'ECT' which is like taking a sledge hammer to the brain,
and which has long been verified to 'scramble' brain function - it
literally makes former function inaccessible by 'jolting' the brain
to an extent that physically 'scrambles' the structure of the brain
at a detailed 'level'.

If you want to alter a brain's functioning in the best possible way,
it's best to just teach it to Think :-]

ken

news:72de81ae.0304181926.7b288b7c at posting.google.com...