Novelty and the End of the Processing Brain Paradigm

Mervyn m at vankuyen.net
Sun Apr 20 10:34:16 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've just finished writing a new paper on upstream (from 'deep brain'
neurons towards the senses) connections and novelty detection in the brain.
For the alt.sup.sz people this paper is of interest, because it can explain
how hallucinations occur, according to Ramachandran (see quote in paper) we
actually are all hallucinating, except that they usually match real input
much better than for those who hear voices or see things!

This paper, called "Novelty and the End of the Processing Brain Paradigm",
is available at: http://www.vankuyen.net/mismatch.htm

I also have a document on the human brain in general available at:
http://www.vankuyen.net/brain/index.htm

If you have any comments, I prefer email. Please send your comments or
questions to m at vankuyen.net

Regards,

Mervyn van Kuyen