The Neural Topology

Sun Apr 20 17:48:25 EST 2003

[I don't care if anyone understands what's in this post. It's difficult, and combines both NDT and TH. I've just gotta post it because it's the only thing to do in the face of repeated 'hart'-breaking-ness.]

"A World of Doughnuts and Spheres", By GEORGE JOHNSON

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/20/weekinreview/20JOHN.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"proof of the Poincaré Conjecture"

"The topological cookbook does not permit tearing an object or joining two unconnected points."

"Just as an ordinary sphere is a two-dimensional surface curving to form an enclosed object in three-dimensional space, a 3-sphere is a three-dimensional surface curving in on itself in four dimensions."

The resolution of all things Topological, including the Poincaré Conjecture, has been in AoK all along [AoK, "Short Paper" section: "The brain is a topologist's playground." :-]

What's that 'you' say? "How can that be? 'Tearing' and 'joining" occur within the nervous system when old connections are broken or new ones established. Because of this, the nervous system isn't even 'topological`."

'You' say?

And that 'makes it so'? :-]

'You' are mistaken.

The "special topological homeomorphism of central nervous systems" is the resolution of the Poincaré Conjecture that's been in AoK ["Short Paper", and Ap3, where the Proof is given [and declared [although I, then, knew nothing of the formalized Poincaré Conjecture :-]]

'Your' 'objections' ['imagined' by me, above] are mistaken because the neural architecture [neurons, glia, blood vessels, and their molecular 'components'] are analogous to the statements of a conventional Maths proof. They are the embodiment of the proof - the 'skeleton' on which the actual thing is 'hung'.

What's the actual thing?

The energy-flow through which external WDB2T is 'mapped' to 'turned-outside-in' internal WDB2T to implement the "automation of knowing" via simple TD E/I-minimization.

It's be-cause the actual thing is the energy-flow that only three dimensions are necessary to accomplish what's supposedly '4-D', and why there's no 'tearing' or 'joining' in-there - the energy-flow is everywhere continuous. The only circumstance in which the "special topological homeomorphism" 'breaks down' is when organic damage occurs within a nervous system. Then, energy-flow is still continuous, but the internal energy-flow is no longer rigorously mapped with respect to the external energy-flow.

You know?

The actualization of rigorous external-to-internal WDB2T coupling via Simple TD E/I-minimization "ain't hay".

No matter how many folks, mistakenly, 'say' that it's 'hay' [or that into which hay is transformed in bovine species :-]

"Fermat", "Poincaré", the 'atom', 'atomic' refraction, continuous universal energy-flow, "decussation", curiosity, creativity, volition, 'conscience', behavioral inversion, biological mass. behavioral inertia,  'Love', 'Hate', 'language', neuro-Maths,  Prejudice, etc. - same-old, same-old - Rodney Dangerfield and me "get no respect" :-]

K. P. Collins