The Neural Topology

Mon Apr 21 10:58:19 EST 2003

It's as I've discussed repeatedly in the past. What nervous systems do is achieve the "Automation of Knowing" [the "A.o.K." in "AoK"] by 'blindly' and automatically cross-correlating the nervous systems internal energy-flow with the energy-flow within external experiential environment - by, Simply, 'striving' to achieve TD E/I-minimization.

In order to work toward this single 'goal', the internal energy-flow must be turned 'outside-in, upside-down, and backwards' so that it is rigorously aligned with the overall energy-gradient within the external energy-flow - which is WDB2T - which is the only universally-consistent stuff that exists within physical reality - which is why evolutionary dynamics have 'engineered' nervous systems in the way that they have, which is solely with respect to WDB2T.

What all nervous systems [from phylogenitically most-primitive to phylogenetically most-advanced] are are more or less capable 3-D energy-flow 'sensors' and energy-flow 'pumps'

That is, everything within all of the constituent elements of the neural Topology [neurons, glia, relatively-'static' molecular ["biological mass"], relatively-dynamic ionic conductances, 'bridging' metabolic dynamics, etc.] exist and functions solely with respect to 'sensing' internal WDB2T as it 'reflects' external WDB2T.

We are literally One with the Universal energy-flow. When we experience physical reality, physical reality is literally coursing right through us.

Every microscopic thing of the neural tissue is 'engineered' solely with respect to interacting with this energy-flow. The synaptic structure instantiates the capability to 'climb' the internal 'reflection' of external WDB2T, but that's only a relatively-small part of what nervous systems do.

The vast majority of what's in nervous systems is devoted to the resolution of the 'problem' of 'gloming-onto' ['sensing'; "Recognizing'] the internal 'reflection' of external WDB2T.

Nervous systems are, Fundamentally, energy-flow 'meters' and, 'secondarily' [in physical-functional scope] 'engines' which empower behavioral 'climbing' of the external WDB2T energy-gradient[s].

Nervous systems do the latter - the 'climbing' of the external WDB2T energy-gradient[s] - via 'blindly'-automated TD E/I-minimization do [within the more-comprehensive version of the same-stuff that all of Life does - each organ within an organism is 'engineered' with respect to it's specific contributions to the one overall 'goal' of 'climbing' the external WDB2T energy-gradient[s] - each organ has its analogue of 'TD E/I-minimization' - each organ is best described through the explication of such 'TD E/I-minimization' analogues - a 'TD E/I-minimization' analogue is 'just' the local-to-an-organ physical-structural 'strategy' for the organ's contributing to an organism's 'climbing' of external the WDB2T energy-flow - for the organ's achieving WDB2T ^ -1 within the rest of the organism's achieving WDB2T ^ -1].

Within all of this, the WDB2T energy-flow is continuous.

What's so Awesome about nervous systems is how their inherent neural Topology enables them to constrain energy's freedom to move [it's "ephemerance" [coined from "ephemeral"]] - to 'turn' the WDB2T energy flow 'outside-in' so that it can be effectively 'read', and actied-upon via Simple TD E/I-minimization - all in a rigorously-ordered way that resolves the 'problem' of nervous systems being 'on the inside, looking out' upon the external WDB2T energy-flow.

Our nervous systems literally enable us to be One with Universal WDB2T.

Capice?

Every element of the neural tissue is 'engineered' in specific respect to doing all of this with respect to external WDB2T.

The synaptic structure and functioning are 'only' a relatively-small portions of this 'engineering'.

The primary thing is 'catching' the energy-flow as it courses right through us.

That our nervous systems are so inherently Capable of doing exactly this is their True-Wonder stuff.

Anyway, resolution of the "Poincaré Conjecture" has been in-there - within the evolutionarily-'engineered' structure of our nervous systems - all along [and in AoK, all along, to boot :-]

But it's in the continuous energy-flow, itself, not the structural 'skelleton'. The neural Topology 'skelleton' "corrals infinity" as it constrains the energy-flow that courses right through us.

K. P. Collins