Rosalind Franklin - PBS Nova

Wed Apr 23 15:18:16 EST 2003

I'm gonna be OK. The biggest 'heartache' was, for me, 'personal'. The
'archives' I've kept are mostly a collection of 'souveniers' from my
Life. I draw strength from them in a sentimenta;' way - go and pick
up this or that that's in the boxes, and, while considering it's
stuff, I'm able to Remember this or that of the solitary existence
that the Science required of me - I'm able to Remember my
'heart'-stuff that's attached to this or that 'mememto'.

These scraps of my Living are very-Precious to me, but they're
probably only laugh-at-it stuff to others - that's what I've realized
duing the past couple of days.

My notebooks are in-there, and it'll be hard losing them. They, too,
are pretty-much worthless to anyone else 'cause they're all written
in a 'shorthand' that focusses upon precipitating my own
memory-stuff - so they'll not be interpretable by others. Their
'shorthand' serves to carry my memory back to this or that
True-Wonder stuff that'd passed the tests to win a place  in the
notebooks.

I've always Hoped that I'd be able to go back over them, in some
leisurly 'time'. But they'll soon be trashed.

What turned me around was that, since it's obvious that 'science'
doesn't care about the 'burning of this Library', why should I - I
mean, I've been 'excused' from my Obligation as Scientists, haven't
I?

Yup.

The other thing was that I saw myself as the "rich young man" in the
New Testament - me, clinging to my archives as if they were
'precious' was keeping me from 'taking the next step' - and the next
step is important, 'cause it'll determine whether I Live or Die.

So, I'm 'over the hump' - all my 'mourning' behind me.

The one last thing that needs me is tomorrow - to be at the Cemetary
where Dad is lain.

Then, I guess I'll just go about being on my way.

If anyone wants the archives, they should get in touch with my
Brothers.

I don't know, yet, what I'm going to do.

When I was Young, I could carry everything I owned in one
Midshipman's laundry bag - those were Happy 'days'.

Perhaps I've still got all that left in-me?

ken

news:r4Cpa.75999$ja4.5037018 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| OK, OK - so I'm deficient-in-gracefulness'.
|
| Is that a "Capital Offense"?
|
| All I can say is, "Yippie Skippie!!!" :-]
|
| I'll be alright. Just wish it was a week from now
| - so it could just be behind me.
|
| "Turn me over. That side's done." [Saint Lawrence :-]
|
| I Agree.
|
| ken

| news:hTApa.75878$ja4.5029682 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | Why don't I do it myself?
| |
| | I've tried - thousands of 'times'. I'm
| | worn-to-the-bone from doing,
| | over and over again, that which
| | should've worked.
| |
| | It's always been the same thing -
| | folks don't 'instantaneously' understand
| | [or, more cynically, they do, but see my
| | 'wrecked'-state 'desperateness, and
| | 'decide' that they don't have to 'worry' about
| | 'just' taking that which I've shared with them.
| | To them, it's another way to 'get published'.
| | "Never mind" that, to me, it's the very
| | struggle to maintain Life within myself].
| |
| | No one can 'accuse' me of not going out
| | to seek a hearing in ways that do Honor
| | folks' 'familiar' experience. I wrote the
| | book on the 'need' for such, after all. I've
| | acted upon the understanding
| | entailed.
| |
| | Good Gosh! This is a =Hard= way to Die!
| |
| | And that it's so, is, itself, Telling, isn't it?
| | I mean, I don't think for a 'minute' that no one
| | wants to Know, so the 'difference',
| | inherent, is interpretable, no?
| |
| | Yup.
| |
| | Sad Cheers, ken
| |
| | "KP-PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in message
| |
news:pDApa.75868$ja4.5029388 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | | Anyway, what's happening in Crystallography is =not=
| "difraction".
| | |
| | | What's happening in-there is =refraction= as was
| | | explained in the little "Compton Refraction"
| | | QBasic programs I posted over this past
| | | winter.
| | |
| | | It makes a big difference, because seeing the
| | | Refraction allows one to see the =continuous=
| | } energydynamics - which opens up a whole new
| | | 'world'.
| | |
| | | K. P. Collins [Loving 'you', by Giving 'til I drop.
| | | It's so 'frustrating. Why can't I just go to =any=
| | | University, with stuff like this in-hand, and,
| | | thereby, earn roof and food that'll allow me
| | | to just work-more? You know - why can't
| | | someone here in b.n make a call that'll open
| | | the 'door' to my being granted the opportunity to
| | | just work-more?]
| | |
| | | "KP-PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in message
| | |