Rosalind Franklin - PBS Nova

Thu Apr 24 14:03:14 EST 2003

news:pDApa.75868$ja4.5029388 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| Anyway, what's happening in Crystallography is =not= "difraction".
|
| What's happening in-there is =refraction= as was explained in the
| little "Compton Refraction" QBasic programs I posted over this past
| winter.
| [...]

I was going to scan and post some images that verify this, vividly,
at all scales, but the computer I was using just suddenly 'died' :-]

So I'll paint the pictures in words.

Start with an egg carton - better yet, go to a wharehouse outlet like
B. J.'s, and purchase one of those eggs-in-bulk setups [30- eggs -
you can always use eggs, right? :-]

The bulk 'container' is better because it's Geometry is 5 x 6 - more
'square' than a regular egg carton - easier to see the Geometry
inherent.

Take all the eggs out of the 'container', and study its Geometry.

30 'Bumps' - 6 x 5 - with 12 lesser 'bumps' on two sides of the
periphery ['boundary conditions :-]

Now, if you followed the links to electron micrographs that I posted
last winter, you'll recall that there were several of them having
Geometry looking strikingly-like the Geometry of the bulk egg
container. The 'bumps' in the egg container are analogous to 'atoms'.
Get it?

Their Geometries are 'analogues' of each other.

The really-startling image that I was going to post was of a square
orthoganally-divided [like a Cartesian coordinate system] sewer
cover.

What had happened was that I was out for a walk at the 'beginning' of
a snow storm this past winter, and, when I looked down at the way
that the falling snow had accumulated upon the sewer cover, I was
startled to 'see' the 'bulk egg carton', and its electron-micrograph
analogues. The snow had built up little mounds where the sewer
cover's 'X & Y coordinates' crossed each other. At the 'time' I took
note of this, only a couple of inches of snow had fallen, so the
holes through the sewer cover were empty.

I recognized the Worth in-it immediately, ran into the house, got my
camera and captured the image.

What's the Worth in-it?

It's an instance in which a one-way flow of stuff [the falling snow]
builds up a 3-D structure out of itself with respect to what's there
for it to interact with.

I really wish I could post the images. You'd also see it all
immediately.

But, since I can't post the images, you'll have to 'see' them in your
ol' noggin' labs.

This macroscopic flow of the falling snow is an =exact= macroscopic
analogue of the UES-flow which sustains the existences of SSW<->UES
harmonics ['atoms'], and literally traces the
artificially-separated-out portion of the macrosopic UES-flow that
constitutes what has been referred to as "gravity".

It's all so Awesomely-Beautiful!

I wanted to share the images, and spent two day's food allowance to
have the pictures developed the other day - but alas, 'word pictures'
will have to suffice.

ken [K. P. Collins]