Fri Apr 25 11:14:11 EST 2003

What's wrong with this 'picture'?

"Bush Takes Tax Cut Battle on the Road", By ELISABETH BUMILLER

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/25/politics/25BUSH.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"`The tanks built right here in Lima, Ohio, charged through elements of the dictator's Republican Guards, led the forces of a liberation into the heart of Iraq, and rolled all the way into downtown Baghdad," Mr. Bush said as plant workers applauded. "Throughout the campaign, our enemy learned that when Abrams tanks are on the battlefield, America means business.`"

"I.R.S. to Ask Working Poor for Proof on Tax Credits", By MARY WILLIAMS WALSH

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/25/business/25TAX.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"The Internal Revenue Service is planning to ask more than four million of the working poor who now claim a special tax credit to provide the most exhaustive proof of eligibility ever demanded of any class of taxpayers."

"`If they give you money, they want an exact accounting for it," he said. "If they don't collect the money, then they really don't care.`"

What's wrong with this 'picture'?

The 'message' is all helter-skelter with respect to Respect for the U. S. Treasury be-cause the 'tax-cut' regime psychologically devalues the Citizenry's sense of empowerment with respect to its Role in the Well-Being of This Nation - the 'tax-cut' regime tells the Citizenry, "The 'sky is falling'! You are powerless to do anything about that, so we'll coddle you, in your weakness' by taking Responsibility our of the hands of your labor. We'll just support you. You don't have to roll up your sleeves and get to work to to lift the economy back up onto its feet. There's nothing you can do, so don't even try. You are impotent. Look here, we're your suggar-daddies [Cheshire-Cat-grin]."

And, then, the 'tax-cut' regime becomes a 'tax-increase' regime with respect to the Poor.

What's wrong with this 'picture'?

Don't get me wrong, Cheating is rampant in 'america', and such needs to be Forthrightly addressed, lest America drown in such.

But why the class-skewed approach that's being Advocated by this Administration?

Truth is. "America" doesn't mean "Business".

"America" means "Freedom from Tyranny".

To sustain "America" requires every Citizen to carry his\her weight.

This Truth is wholly-absent from this 'cutting-taxes-except-if-you're-poor-is-the-solution' regime.

It doubly-sends exactly the wrong message to the Citizenry.

What the Citizenry needs is to be called to the task of Remembering that it is "America".

That "America" is the sum of what each Citizen does.

The 'problem' isn't 'taxes'.

The Problem is that the Citizenry of America has Forgotten itself.

This, Mr. President, is the Problem that needs to be addressed from your Bully Pulpit!

'Moving away from' Truth abounds.

Honor Truth, and Truth Honors you right back.

Not, and not.

This is how the Problem must be addressed.

Not from some Voodoo 'economics' approach that only 'excuses' the Citizenry from it's Inalienable Obligation to This Nation.

Get it?

K. P. Collins