Rosalind Franklin - PBS Nova

Fri Apr 25 11:33:58 EST 2003

It's hilarious. I took another look at the sewer cover early this
morning [it's right in front of Dad's house].

The snow-covered 'state' that I discussed in my prior post [quoted
below] was beautifully 3-D-'catenaried' with the 'peaks' in the
3-D-'catenaried'-ness being directly over the crossings of the
sewer-cover's 'coordinates' 'X-Y crossings'.

But, without the snow covering, the surface of the sewer cover has
rectangular protrusions [brobably to protect against snow plows'
hooking the sewer cover] distributed everywhere =except= at the 'X-Y
crossings' :-]

Can you see the significance of this?

It means that the 'egg-carton' pattern that developed upon the
snow-covered sewer grating derived in the flowing of the snow with
respect to the =orthogonality= inherent in the sewer cover's
Geometry - there's group-discipline that can =only= derive in the
energy =flow= that directed the falling of the snow!

The 'protrusions' were =overridden= by the group-disciplined
energy-flow!

HURRAH!

K. P. Collins

news:SxWpa.42690$cO3.3280570 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| news:pDApa.75868$ja4.5029388 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | Anyway, what's happening in Crystallography is =not=
"difraction".
| |
| | What's happening in-there is =refraction= as was explained in the
| | little "Compton Refraction" QBasic programs I posted over this
past
| | winter.
| | [...]
|
| I was going to scan and post some images that verify this, vividly,
| at all scales, but the computer I was using just suddenly 'died'
:-]

| So I'll paint the pictures in words.
|
| Start with an egg carton - better yet, go to a wharehouse outlet
like
| B. J.'s, and purchase one of those eggs-in-bulk setups [30- eggs -
| you can always use eggs, right? :-]
|
| The bulk 'container' is better because it's Geometry is 5 x 6 -
more
| 'square' than a regular egg carton - easier to see the Geometry
| inherent.
|
| Take all the eggs out of the 'container', and study its Geometry.
|
| 30 'Bumps' - 6 x 5 - with 12 lesser 'bumps' on two sides of the
| periphery ['boundary conditions :-]
|
| Now, if you followed the links to electron micrographs that I
posted
| last winter, you'll recall that there were several of them having
| Geometry looking strikingly-like the Geometry of the bulk egg
| container. The 'bumps' in the egg container are analogous to
'atoms'.
| Get it?
|
| Their Geometries are 'analogues' of each other.
|
| The really-startling image that I was going to post was of a square
| orthoganally-divided [like a Cartesian coordinate system] sewer
| cover.
|
| What had happened was that I was out for a walk at the 'beginning'
of
| a snow storm this past winter, and, when I looked down at the way
| that the falling snow had accumulated upon the sewer cover, I was
| startled to 'see' the 'bulk egg carton', and its
electron-micrograph