Sat Apr 26 11:20:10 EST 2003

"U.S. Astronaut and Russian Cosmonaut Head to Space Station", By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/science/AP-Russia-Space.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"Both NASA and Russian space officials have said Russia's willingness to take up the slack is testament to the new era of cooperation between their agencies, once fierce competitors."

"At Russian Mission Control, Joel Montalbano, a NASA flight director for the ISS, said that Saturday's flight was `a tribute to the robustness of the ISS partnership.`"

HURRAH! This is a model of the Future of Humanity.

C O - O P E R A T I O N - in which everyone's contributions are Recognized, Honored, and Celebrated with respect to all of Humanity, together.

The Soyuz - It's, basically, an ICBM - "They shall beat their swords into plawshares." :-]

"A Deal That Worked", By ROSE GOTTEMOELLER

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/26/opinion/26GOTT.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"If Ukraine had kept the warheads, it would have become a source of profound instability in its region. Instead, Ukraine decided to embrace Europe and its neighbors. There have been disappointments in the ensuing years, but Ukraine's economy is growing fast and it is on track to being part of the European system."

C O - O P E R A T I O N - in which everyone's contributions are Recognized, Honored, and Celebrated with respect to all of Humanity, together.

"Three factors were the most important in American success in the Ukrainian case."

Get it straight - it wasn't an "American success".

It was Humanity's success.

It was the Success of Reason.

ken [K. P. Collins]