Motor Neuron Disease - Info or suggestions ?????

Jill Ruddell sts at emirates.net.ae
Sat Apr 26 18:04:03 EST 2003

Perhaps someone out there can help me with a similar case or a suggestion.

My Dad, age 72, living in Scotland, has just been diagnosed with Motor
Neuron Disease after a muscle biopsy taken after 7 weeks in the hospital. He
was admitted with breathing difficulty and a day later suffered respitory
failure. This was his only symptom and was not evident at any time prior to
hospitalisation. He is now not able to clear his CO2 and relies on a C-Pap
mask to get him through the day. He is also very weak, again a symptom that
appeared very suddenly after hospitalisation.

Since Dad was diagnosed I have been searching the web but it appears that
his symptoms are not typical as an onset for ALS/MND. The docs in their
wisdom are now going to send Dad home with this C-Pap mask and have said
there is no cure nor is there anything more they can do for him.

I would appreciate if someone could get in touch with me if they have a
similar story or a suggestion

Thanks for listening and God Bless to all

Jill Ruddell