Sun Apr 27 17:10:38 EST 2003

In case it;s not clear, what I mean by:

"Not from some Voodoo 'economics' approach that only 'excuses' the Citizenry from it's Inalienable Obligation to This Nation."

is that the Citizenry has fallen into a False self-perception of 'impotency' - that they 'cannot' do anything to change anything, so they've given up trying, haveing fallen into a 'defensive' mindset in which the real opportunities that come along every day are 'just' flipped-off.

Everyone's 'waiting' for 'the government' to fix things - and that is what's perpetuating the Economic malaise.

This's what I mean by folks' "Inalienable Obligation to This Nation" - that what America [any Nation] is is the sum of what each of its Citizen does, every day.

So, if everybody's fallen into a mindset in which 'waiting' is the thing to 'do', then the whole Nation comes to do nothing other than 'wait'.

"But, Ken, the economy is so weak. Our products  arent moving. People aren't buying, and we've already trimmed costs to the bare bone."

So you 'wait'?

Instead, carefully, and on a prudently small scale in terms of $, look for, and try, the thing that's not been tried before - you know - like I bought a couple of TV dinners yesterday because they were on sale at a good price - let me cut my daily food allowance by a third] - when I got home, I stuck one in the microwave, and while it was cooking, remembered that I had a little container of salsa that I'd gotten at a Wendy's but hadn't used. I'd kept it in the fridge. So when my TV dinner was finished cooking, I dumped the salsa on the entrie, and it was delightfully good tasting :-]

My thought was, "Gee, I should tell the TV dinner folks about this."

Sure, there'd be some overhead involved in working out the packaging, etc., but it'd make their products more attractive to consumers.

If every company just did a few little things like this, folks' interest in everything right across the board in the Economy would perk up.

"Hey! We've got to hire another worker to keep up with demand."

Another worker comes into the Economy, earning a wage that he can spend within the Economy - which, if it's happening all over the place because every company has 'rolled up its sleeves' and gotten to work to find the thing that hasn't yet been tried, bouys the whole Economy.

And the main thing it does is psychological - with respect to folks 'waiting-for-someone-else-to-do-it' mindset.

All this stuff is "Inalienable" because, if folks don't do it, it's absence 'does to them' what they don't want to happen.

You know, we're all either doing the work inherent in 'climbing' the WDB2T energy-gradient, or, that failing, we're sitting on our butts, 'sliding' down it.

There is no 'middle ground' because WDB2T is a continuous energy-flow.

We've got to 'roll up our sleeves' and do the work inherent in out-pacing it.

This is what I meant by: "Inalienable Obligation to This Nation".

America [any Nation] is what its Citizenry does.

If folks 'wait' then America [any Nation] 'waits'.

K. P. Collins