Electric Field Effects in the Brain?

Mon Apr 28 10:51:23 EST 2003

Hi Richard.

My comments, below are not to you, but to =ALL=.

"r norman" <rsnorman_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bbdqav0b6f9jg4q0f092343c4tnie0lm5g at 4ax.com...
| On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:49:15 GMT, "KP-PC"
| <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote:
|
| > [...]
|
| You are right about both the long-term problems with
| implanted electodes and the lack of plasticity.
|
| However, there is value in the work-- as you say, an
| "organically intact" brain doesn't need it, but an injured
| or diseased brain may well benefit from artificial devices.
| Further, it is essential for research on just how the brain
| functions to do all the complex variety of things it does.

Some of why I 'jump' posts discussing 'implants' is because I
understand that a lot of it is just using organically-deficited folks
as 'lab rats'.

And my spirit groans because I've already [decades ago] accomplished
what the 'experimentors' are surrepticiously doing, using the
existing experimental results.

It's part of the Agony that I cary around with me - rather than
'experimenting' in Humans, why not just get NDT's synthesis in-depth.

Everything is already reified in NDT [=not= in any 'final' way, but
in a way that knits together the fundamentals in a way that'll resist
all challenges].

It's 'just' incredible that folks'll not even acknowledge NDT's
existence.

Heart-breaking.

Unacceptable.

=Really=, really, an Offense against Science - an
Rationally-Unthinkable Offense.

The 'thought' takes my breath away - 'strangles' my Being in its
offensiveness.

Not wanting to be left with it, I'm, nevertheless, left with the
realization that all of 'neuroscience' has agreed to =not= solve it's
problem - to 'move away from' 'the' solution, even when it's just
handed to them.

I know all about this - when one sees that a result of folks' 'moving
away from' is his Death, one gets the 'big picture'.

Tell me it isn't so - by doing Science with me.

K. P. Collins