Reversal potential/Equilibrium potential Definitions! (should be easy for you guys)

Tue Apr 29 07:18:46 EST 2003

My position is not yet accepted by others, but here it is:

"reversal potential" just the 'sweet spot' around which ionic
conductances 'hover', and can, itself, vary, absolutely, as a
function of the net ionic 'state' which varies in a complex fashion
right down to microscopic 'levels'.

Kind of like what happens as one realizes one is running toward a
precipice - "Woooooaaaahhhh!" - dig in your heels, stop, go the other
way - or else, on seeing that the hidden slope is actually gentle,
continue.

There is no "absolute" experiential 'reversal potential' [except in
the minds of in vitro experimentors] :-]

K. P. Collins

news:5fe998a3.0304280743.3c3fa5c5 at posting.google.com...